CCNA 802 Home Lab Advice

Unanswered Question
Nov 24th, 2007

I have two 1720 routers at home. I was wondering what is the minimum I need for the new ccna 802 exam. I was thinking of getting 1 more router and two more switches if I can afford it but I guess I just need to know what is the bare minimum. Also how does the new SDM stuff play into all this. Is that something I can download and use. A friend of mine said he passed with two routers and two 2900 series switches. Can it be done that way? I wil be using the sybex book. I have had a fe w CCNA classes in the past with lots of hands on exercises. My background is telecommunications and NOC atmospheres.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
sjepsen808 Sat, 11/24/2007 - 19:31

I don't have any hardware. I am using the ICND2 book and have access to a basic netsim from Boson. It's my understanding if it's not in the book it's not on the test. So mastering the router and switch commands seem to be a simple matter of memorization.

I would like to know if other CCNA's required access to the hardware. Boson sell a netsim for the CCNA and even CCNP for $179. Cheaper than buying a switch. FYI. Boson is the site where the Cisco CD-'s take you for the practice tests and sample questions. SO I have to assume Boson is the authority source for the tests and network sim.

rscarborough63 Sat, 11/24/2007 - 19:51

Thanks, I am familiar with boson netsim. I actually used their practice test before when I took ccna 801. I have the routersim network visualizer for the 801. I just wanted to kind of brush up on the hands on skills but I think I may try the boson simulator along with the Sybex book and Chris Bryant.

Thanks, I appreciate your help.

Actions

This Discussion