CCIE Written Exam

Unanswered Question
Nov 25th, 2007

I have just started to study using the Cisco CCIE Routing and Switching Exam Certification guide, V3.

What other resources would others suggest using????

Thanks in advance

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
furqan_ahmed Sun, 11/25/2007 - 11:44

First of all, Blueprint for 3.0 should be in front of you because they have made it very accurately according to Exam. And,

Check the following for references and studies:

Routing Volume 1

Routing Volume 2

Configuring ipv6 networks

MPLS study material

Wilson Samuel Mon, 11/26/2007 - 09:28

Contrary to the popular belief I shall recommend you to read the following:

1. CCNP Routing Book

2. CCNP Switching Book

3. OSPF Design Guide on

4. BGP Case Study on

5. Rest all the points of the Blue Print through various articles (mainly the IOS Config Guide)

6. Official RnS Certification Guide ver 3.0

It will be very easy if you went in the above order.

All the Best!

Please rate all helpful post

Wilson SAmuel

bvsnarayana03 Mon, 11/26/2007 - 09:37

I've seen & met people who just referred a exam guide & cleared the written exam. But it ultimately makes their preparation for lab much tougher. Bcoz then they'll have to refer all listed books, thus falling short of time & making a futile attempt to lab for the sake of avoiding lapse of written(Qual).

So if not all the books, atleast Doyle I & II, TCP/IP by Comer or stevens, BGP by Sam Halabi, MPLS student guide, Kennedy clark & IPv6 intro are must. Though it may take a little more time, but the preparation is worth & will add to preparation towards lab.

cyphur353 Mon, 11/26/2007 - 09:50

The Routing and Switching Exam Cert Guide v3 is a great study guide, but you should cover most of the material via other books prior to getting to that. The study guide highlights key points, focuses on exam points, and ensures you know enough to pass the written.

If your end goal is CCIE, and not just the written, then covering all of the other books during the written prep just makes good sense in terms of time management.

This Discussion