Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN concentrator - IPsec backup tunnels

kapish.mohole
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am looking for a way of IPSEC failover. I have several locations and clients, every location is using IPSEC tunnel configured of their own VPN concentrator to access each other's LAN network.

I need to configure failover for this, the way I was looking at is to configure backup tunnel for every tunnel on each concentrator. And I guess this is not possible as I didn't see any kind of backup configuration facility in VPN concentrator.

It will be easy to have backup configured as easy as on routers “backup interface” which does failover on primary link failure. But all of my VPNs are on concentrators and it doesn't have any backup mechanism. Plus I need to consider routing changes.

All of the sites have only one internet connection, so the VPN tunnel backup doesn't make any sense in case of failure of sites own internet link, though it will work if other site's internet link is down as it will shift to some other site.

Any idea about this, have anyone configured this kind of scenario?

Thanks, Let me know any additional details required to discuss this topic.

1 Reply 1

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: