Views
Helpful
Replies

Radius Attributes Supported by WLC? Guest bandwidth limiting

raun.williams
Level 3
Level 3

Hello all..

I've seen several mentions of limited guest user traffic usage by QoS settings and policy maps.. But my issue with this is, it's a global setting for that SSID. In my case, I have a 'Submit' button our Guest Internet page that does a hidden login of the user Guest. In the past, I would apply a sesion time out of 3hours and limit the bandwidth by quite a bit. However, for vendors and visitors that come in, there was a login section that they could input their uesr/pass given to them by the helpdesk and with radius attributes have an extended time out with greater bandwidth. However, I haven't been able to get this to work on the Controller based service, other then the time-out attribute. Is anyone doing it this way? What attributes does the WLC support?

1 Reply 1

Richard Atkin
Level 4
Level 4

Have you looked at the v4.2 code? You can create different QoS Roles, and then assign different people to different roles.

I've never tried this through RADIUS though.

Regards,

Richard

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: