cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Delayed clock at show log command

fabio.nunes
Level 1
Level 1

My company bought a Catalyst 2960(flash:c2960-lanbase-mz.122-35.SE5) but the logs at show log command are displaing a very delayed time from the current clock time (show clock) in the switch. Is it a IOS release issue or there is a specific command to syncronize the logs with the clock sets ?

Brgds Fabio Nunes - Brazil

2 Replies 2

Kevin Dorrell
Level 10
Level 10

Normally the timestamps on the messages are pretty accurate, and are exactly what the clock says at the time the event occurred.

I wonder whether you have your timezone set up correctly, and whether your logging is configured to show you local time.

For your timezone, you should use the configuration command clock timezone XYZ -3. I'm presuming that Brazil has UTC-3 normally in Winter, and that your winter timezone is called XYZ.

Then tell it about your summertime timezone. That will require a command like clock summer-time ZYX recurring last Sun Oct 03:00 last Sun Apr 02:00. That tells it the dates to apply an hour offset for daylight saving time, and the name of your summertime timezone.

Once you have set up your timezones, set the clock to your local time, or let NTP do it for you.

Now the bit you asked about. You need service timestamps log datetime localtime. I reckon it is that localtime parameter you are missing.

Kevin Dorrell

Luxembourg

Many tks, Kevin !!!!

You really saved me today.

Brgd.

Fabio Nunes

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card