Cisco call manager

Unanswered Question
Nov 26th, 2007

Hi,

I am preparing for voice lab, can someone tell me how/where to get the copy of Cisco call manager for paractice?

Regards,

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 3.3 (4 ratings)
ccbootcamp Mon, 11/26/2007 - 21:57

A few choices for you:

1) From your local Cisco SE (Sales engineer)

2) Purchase it via NFR (not for resale). You'll need to work for a Cisco partner to do this

3) Buy it off E-Bay

4) Find a friend willing to help you out! :)

5) You might find a VM image of it floating around on Emule or something like that (not recommended as you could get a virus, plus it falls outside of the Cisco licensing policies)

I suggest using methods (1) or (2) above.

-brad

www.ccbootcamp.com

mohammedrafiq Thu, 11/29/2007 - 02:49

Thanks Brad,

4) Find a friend willing to help you out! :)

can you be my friend!!!.

ccbootcamp Thu, 11/29/2007 - 14:22

Sure, I'll be your friend, but I'm not legally able to distribute CallManager software, I'm sorry. :(

There's a GREAT NFR kit you can purchase which comes with all of the voice software from Cisco you could ever imagine.

-brad

www.ccbootcamp.com

erikjustinlee Fri, 11/30/2007 - 21:12

If you work for a cisco partner it is the easiest. They have access to some really good labs and really good classes. With that said. I totaly agree with the other gentleman. Try to get NFR stuff. I have been using it and have learned a lot. Also if you work for a cisco partner it may be an easy sell for you to get them to get the NFR for you as voice is hot right now. Maybe you can even get them to start running a Call Manager system for thier own system. That is the best experience you can get it to install it and have to support it in a production environment.

Also I would suggest taking the Cvoice test or the Call Manager Express test first as they are both great to get you familiar with the voice/router side of things.

Hope that helps.

Actions

This Discussion