cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SyslogCollector Status... missing Collector!

Hi folks!

I've RME 4.0.5 on LMS suite...

After done a stop/start of SyslogCollector and SyslogAnalyzer processes, the collector is vanished from the Collector Status window.

The processes are up and from the logs seems that they runs correctly but...

In the SyslogAnalyzerUI.log file I found the following error:

[ Mon Nov 26 16:53:45 MET 2007 ],ERROR,[Ajp13Processor[9009][2]],SA0015: Cannot contact SyslogAnalyzer service for up

dating Collector status information

com.cisco.nm.xms.ctm.common.CTMException: URN_NOT_FOUND : urn "SyslogAnalyzerService" : Not found !!

at com.cisco.nm.xms.ctm.client.CTMCall.establishIPC(CTMCall.java:201)

at com.cisco.nm.xms.ctm.client.CTMCall.<init>(CTMCall.java:181)

at com.cisco.nm.xms.ctm.client.CTMClient.invoke(CTMClient.java:253)

at com.cisco.nm.xms.ctm.client.CTMClient.invoke(CTMClient.java:123)

at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.sa.ui.helper.RmeSaCollectorStatus.getCollectorStatus(RmeSaCollectorStatus.java:35)

etc..

So I cannot ADD a new Collector, and no errors give me during the ADD acticvity

Is not a peer server certificate problem, because it's setted correctly.

Another things:

The local DB was restored into another twin server. This twin server was affected with same problem.

Any helps would be appreciated!

Thanks

Leonardo

19 Replies 19

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is a bug where the SyslogAnalyzer daemon takes a long time to initialize on Windows if there are a lot of automated actions configured, and lot of devices in those automated actions. So, if the SyslogAnalyzer daemon is running according to pdshow, you may be seeing this problem. The workaround is to wait (or add the IPs of all of your devices to DNS or the local hosts file).

Since you just restarted SyslogAnalyzer, I'm betting this is what you're seeing. The AnalyzerDebug.log with SyslogAnalyzer debugging enabled will confirm it.

Hi joe,

thnaks for your answer!

All devices are into DNS, and I have 33 AA.

I tryed to restart the SyslogAnalyzer and Subscribe the collector again but doesn't appear.No collector can be Subscribed.

Where I have to wait? During Subscribing?

This error appeared into rme_ctm.log:

[ Mon Nov 26 18:07:34 MET 2007 ],INFO ,[Ajp13Processor[9009][1]],com.cisco.nm.xms.ctm.registry.CTMRegistryServer,49, Waiting to read the data ...

[ Mon Nov 26 18:07:34 MET 2007 ],INFO ,[Thread-0],com.cisco.nm.xms.ctm.registry.CTMRegistryHandler,454,Registry = {47006 [tmplmgr-log-RMELogLevelChange] [TemplateCacheMgr]} {47003 [dmserver-RMELogLevelChange] [EssentialsDM]} {47011 [SyslogAnalyzer-RMELogLevelChange]} {47008 [ChangeAudit-RMELogLevelChange] [ChangeAuditService]} {47002 [inventory.ics.server-RMELogLevelChange] [ICS_Inv_Change_Filter] [RMEICServer]} {47005 [NetShowMgr] [Netshow.server-RMELogLevelChange]} {47001 [RMECSTMServer-RMELogLevelChange]} {47004 [archive.service-RMELogLevelChange] [Archive Mgmt]} {47007 [jrmw-log-RMELogLevelChange] [JRM]} {47010 [ogs_server_urn] [rme_ogs_cache_update] [remote_ogs_urn]}

[ Mon Nov 26 18:07:34 MET 2007 ],ERROR,[Ajp13Processor[9009][1]],com.cisco.nm.xms.ctm.client.CTMCall,200,URN_NOT_FOUND : urn "SyslogAnalyzerService" : Not found !!

[ Mon Nov 26 18:07:34 MET 2007 ],ERROR,[Ajp13Processor[9009][1]],com.cisco.nm.xms.ctm.client.CTMCall,209,URN_NOT_FOUND : urn "SyslogAnalyzerService" : Not found !!

Thanks

Leonardo

This tells me nothing other than the SyslogAnalyzer daemon has not fully initialized. I already mentioned a way to debug SyslogAnalyzer to see why it is not fully initializing. You say that all your devices are in DNS. Have you created PTR records for all of their IP addresses? That is, can you nslookup a device's IP, and get its hostname?

I enabled debug into SyslogAnalyzer and into AnalyzerDebug.

Into AnalyzerDebug file I found a lot of IP address... I have to find also the Hostname?

In the syslog_info file I found the syslog messages with the hostname resolved.

This mean that all devices are reachble from DNS.

If you are seeing lines such as:

Expanded device list...

Followed by a long list of IPs, then you are hitting this bug. As I said, the workarounds are to wait, or add all of the IP addresses you see on these lines to DNS or local hosts file (by add to DNS, I mean add proper PTR records for these addresses).

in effect... there are a lot of IP Address...

so.. waiting after restart the SyslogAnalyzer doesn't take any effects....

I will upgrade the DNS.

Thank you very much!

Leonardo

Sorry joe...

a last question:

this happened only two days ago.... before it ran correctly.

Into AnalyzerDebug.log, I found a lot of public IP Address that I dind't insert into the DCR before...

Do you know from where the SyslogAnalyzer get the IP Address shown into AnalyzerDebug.log?

Thanks!

Leonardo

From all the interfaces on all of the devices in the automated action configuration.

ok.. now it's clear

(I tried to disabled all Automated Action, but the problem still occur...)

the only doubt is...

Why the SyslogAnalyzer since two days ago was run correctly, and now ... doesn't work?

Do you know which actions that can be caught this bug?

Thanks

Leonardo

Only configuring autoamted actions can lead the delay I've described. Since I haven't seen the log, I cannot say if there are any other problems.

which log do you need?

The AnalyzerDebug.log.

Hi Joe,

here you are the logs!

We have waited four hours, and the collector was subscribed again without any own actions.

Why the SyslogAnalyzer need all this time?

We have purged the syslog DB... maybe this action could be the resolution?

Thanks a lot!

Leonardo

The SyslogAnalyzer needs to reverse resolve all the IP addresses on all interfaces configured in each automated action. On Windows, this can take up to four seconds for each address. This bug is fixed in RME 4.0.6 and RME 4.1.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: