cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3750G-PS-S(48) PoE?

kpaynecisco29
Level 1
Level 1

I know there is a simple answer for this but I need confirmation. The 3750 mentioned above states that it does PoE on all 48 ports. Is that all ports can do PoE at the same time without a power upgrade? I need to support 12 LWAPs and don't know if I should but one 3750 or two. Thank you in advance.

3 Replies 3

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

All 48 ports can supply power at the same time. The switch does have a maximum capacity of power in can provide (current link is broken), but 12 AP's should be OK. You'll want to verify when Cisco.com is back online or contact your local SE.

HTH and please rate.

After examining the gonfig guides for the 1130 LWAPs and the 3750 I also found out that 12 APs would work fine on this. Thank you for your help!

The link is up now:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps5023/products_data_sheet0900aecd80371991.html

Just for the sake of clarity - "The 48-port versions can deliver the necessary power to support 24 ports at 15.4W, 48 ports at 7.7W, or any combination in between."

HTH,

Jarred

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card