Views
Helpful
Replies

ISDN BRI

silex
Level 1
Level 1

Unified express ver 4.1

VIC2 bri s/t card (2 port) when dialpeer is configured to use trunkgroup it fails when trying to place a call, if I configure my dial-peer to use either of the ports on the card it works fine.

I am using the exact same config for trunkgroups, that have worked in the past, the only difference was that the card that worked with trunkgroups was VIC 2 bri NT/TE, does that make any difference?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

VIC-2BRI-S/T-TE is not supported in the 2801. See 6th table in:

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps259/products_tech_note09186a00800e73f6.shtml

I don't know why it actually works in "non-trunkgroup mode" for you, but unfortunately not being officially supported, you won't be able to get help from the TAC for this case. So using the correct part is probably the only solution.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, can you clarify with "show diag" which exact card are you referring to ?

the card I have been successful with is

VIC2-2BRI-NT/TE ( on a previous customer site) ,

and the card I have been supplied and asked to configure is

VIC-2BRI-S/T-TE

As I am in UK I have set compand type to A-law

I have configured a trunkgroup and have set the dial-peers to use the trunkgroup.

point-to point setup and static TEI is also cfgd.

layer 2 shows multiple frame established.

however when both ports are connected to pstn,

I am unable to make a call, I just wonder If I have missed something.

Whic router and IOS are you using ?

router is 2801 and the ios is 12.4(15)T

Hi,

VIC-2BRI-S/T-TE is not supported in the 2801. See 6th table in:

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps259/products_tech_note09186a00800e73f6.shtml

I don't know why it actually works in "non-trunkgroup mode" for you, but unfortunately not being officially supported, you won't be able to get help from the TAC for this case. So using the correct part is probably the only solution.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Paolo,

that is a lifesaver, I had a feeling something wasn't right. many thanks, I didn't even know this chart existed. If I could rate your post at 10 points I would. many thanks, that has saved me a lot of heartache

You are very welcome and I wish you the best luck in upcoming projects!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: