cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CM 6.0 TSP with Microsoft Outlook

bmund
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know how to get the call contact option in Outlook to work with CM 6.0?

9 Replies 9

toddrabideau
Level 1
Level 1

I can get it working on some machines, but not on others. The older instructions for cm 4.2 pretty much apply, more or less. TAC is saying that they no longer support the TSP plugin, which doesn't gel with what we were told prior to us upgrading to CUCM 6.0.

If the computer had a previous version of the tsp plugin and/or wav drivers installed, I am unable to configure the CiscoTSP001.tsp provider under the advanced tab of phone and modem options. "Configure" is greyed out. No luck fixing this yet.

However, everything seems to work fine on machines that never had the tsp plugin installed on them previously--most of the time. Usually all is good, but sometimes it lets me configure CiscoTSP001.tsp but then I never get the lines to appear in Outlook, no matter how many times I reboot the machine.

TAC isn't being very helpful as of yet. Hoping someone out there might have some insight. Otherwise, if I figure it out I'll reply again.

Thanks for the reply, I'm right there with you on not being able to get the lines to appear in Outlook.

I'm always able to configure CiscoTSP001.tsp, haven't run into any computers that have the "configure" option greyed out.

No older versions are installed on any computers.

I got it working on one machine. From another thread regarding TSP on CM 5.1, someone wrote this:

"Four aspects to check or verify:-

1. IP Phone/Device is associated with user.

2. CTI Application use is enabled.

3. Ensure that you have configured the correct username and password under the user tab within the Cisco TSP configuration.

4. CTI Manager Primary/Secondary IP address or hostname is specified. If you specify hostname, check that it can be resolved."

For me, it took me a few times of double-checking the end user account in the CM web GUI, but one user was not associated with a device, and another user didn't have "Allow control of device from CTI" checked. I still have to sneak into the second user's office to see if it fixed it, but I'm very hopeful.

I still have no idea what is up with the machines where I can't even get the updated driver to work. I'll probably end up having to rebuild them down the road. Luckily they're just IT dept PCs so no big rush.

All four aspects are checked and verified, both user and device have "Allow control of Device from CTI" checked.

I'm still not seeing the line in the Dialing options box under connect using line...

I have to be missing something? Any other simple things that I may be over loooking?

Hi is this CUCM 6.0(1) you're running into this problem on? I am preparing to upgrade to this version and have Outlook dialing configured. Perhaps I should uninstall it before I upgrade.

Yes- a fresh install of CUCM 6.0, so no exsisting software has been upgraded.

e.huntley
Level 1
Level 1

I had a similar issue on 5.1, and basically TAC told me there was limited support for the TSP, so basically if it works great, if not oh well.

What others in previous conversations have recommended and what I use now is the Netelligent Unified Outlook Dialer. It is free if you don't mind a pop up when you first open Outlook. But you can install it and have it working within 5 minutes. It works great.

DMobley1022
Level 1
Level 1

I also can't get TSP to work with CM 6.0. I keep getting a error message: An internal error occurred in the automatic phone dialer. Close the Dial Phone Dialog box, and then open it again.

Are there in detail instructions out there for setting this up. I have looked at the .txt document (ciscotsp.txt), but not sure if everything is required, some things I haven't been able to find, some things not sure if it has to be done? Any help would be appreciated.

DMobley1022
Level 1
Level 1

With TSP with Outlook am I able to call from my global address list or just my contact list?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: