cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Confiuring WAAS as a core and edge device.

tmcmurray
Level 1
Level 1

How can I configure several 512's that are edges to a core 612 to be cores as well. Also, I would like my current core 612 to be an edge for 512's once they are configured as core. Can 512's and 612's server both roles to optimize traffice both ways? Is that even possible?

3 Replies 3

Zach Seils
Level 7
Level 7

Tim,

Yes, this is possible. The only restriction is that the WAE needs at least 2GB of memory to run the Edge and Core service concurrently.

Zach

Zach,

Is there a way to configure this via policy? I know I can control the edge configuration that way but what about the core?

In the very near future I anticipate a deployment of 50 devices and I'd like them to have a meshed core/edge relationship.

- Bill

Bill,

As you mentioned, the WAFS Edge service can be enabled through a device group, but the WAFS Core service cannot. I'm thinking about opening an enhancement request to automatically enable the WAFS Core service when the device is added to a Core Cluster.

Would that help simplify your deployment?

Zach

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: