Cisco Integration in a MS Office Communications Server 2007 environment

Answered Question

I am working in a test environment with OCS2007 and actually trying to get to work a Cisco 7940 G (SIP enabled) and a Cisco 7912G. I have read some info about integration of CMM and CME but in my case I want to have direct integration of the phones with the Front end server. Is it possible? Do I need some sort of proxy or gateway??

Thanks for your help!

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Tommer Catlin about 9 years 2 weeks ago

Im not sure you can "register" the SIP endpoint (the Cisco IP phone) on the OCS server. The OCS server will only register the MS phones they have (the ugly Tanjay and catalina phones) If you want to use the Cisco phones, you will need to have some other type of system running.

keep the 79xx phones on the Cisco side, create a SIP trunk between OCS and CallManager. Unique digits on each side and you should be able to make calls back and forth. It's messy, but it works.

Dont be sold on the MS marketing with OCS, it's not what it's cracked up to be for true IP PBX... it's not even close.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Tommer Catlin Tue, 11/27/2007 - 10:08

Im not sure you can "register" the SIP endpoint (the Cisco IP phone) on the OCS server. The OCS server will only register the MS phones they have (the ugly Tanjay and catalina phones) If you want to use the Cisco phones, you will need to have some other type of system running.

keep the 79xx phones on the Cisco side, create a SIP trunk between OCS and CallManager. Unique digits on each side and you should be able to make calls back and forth. It's messy, but it works.

Dont be sold on the MS marketing with OCS, it's not what it's cracked up to be for true IP PBX... it's not even close.

Actions

This Discussion