cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does CM 6.x support several SIP endpoint registrations from one IP address?

pkovcon634
Level 1
Level 1

Title says it all, so has anybody tested if it is possible to register several (IETF) SIP clients to CallManager from the same IP address? In other words, can you run two or more SIP clients in one PC and register both to CallManager but using different credentials?

2 Replies 2

smalkeric
Level 6
Level 6

On the line side, SIP running on the Cisco Unified IP Phone models 7905G, 7911G, 7912G, 7940G, 7941G, 7941G-GE, 7960G, 7961G, 7961G-GE, 7970G, and 7971G-GE helps customers participate in systemwide, SIP-directed features such as presence and interoperation with third-party SIP services. In addition, line-side SIP support helps enable Cisco Unified CallManager 5.0 to provision, register, and manage specialty and third-party SIP phones.

http://cisco.com/en/US/netsol/ns340/ns394/ns165/networking_solutions_white_paper0900aecd80422c70.shtml

This did not answer my question. I don't want to use Cisco phones, but I want run several 3rd party SIP softphone clients in a PC and register them to CallManager. In this case they all would use same IP. Does this work? (I don't currently have CM installation at hand so I can't test it myself.)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: