Views
Helpful
Replies

upgrade to ccm 4.x to 6.o

hanson.stanley
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i want to upgrade ccm4.x to 6.o without affecting the database or any kind of working configuration.what i have to do for that....if anyone knows how to do this ,please share with me....

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Hanson,

There is a Windows Upgrade process that uses a tool called DMA (Data Migration Assistant) to move your config from Windows to Linux on CCM 6.x. Have a look at this process;

Windows Upgrade

This option allows you to import database information from a Cisco Unified Communications Manager 4.x system by using a file that the Data Migration Assistant (DMA) tool produces.

From this good doc;

Upgrading to Cisco Unified Communications Manager Release 6.0(1) from Cisco Unified Communications Manager 4.x Releases

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/upgrade/6_0_1/upgrd601.html#wp44990

Hope this helps!

Rob

rmichelberger
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

as described in the installing & upgrade guide you will lose:

- user passwords

- user pin

- configured phone background pictures

- configured phone ring tones

- custom tftp-files (moh, ringtones)

etc.

As many of you know upgrading from CCM4 to CCM5, 6 or 7 you end up losing your pins and passwords. I have an application that I have been developing that will recover these, re-populate the new CUCM version and provide for a more seamless upgrade stopping lots of calls to your helpdesk!!! Email me: help at truecomms.co.uk if you this could really help you (sorry not often in the newsgroups due to time constraints)