Views
Helpful
Replies

upgrade to ccm 4.x to 6.o

hanson.stanley
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i want to upgrade ccm4.x to 6.o without affecting the database or any kind of working configuration.what i have to do for that....if anyone knows how to do this ,please share with me....

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Hanson,

There is a Windows Upgrade process that uses a tool called DMA (Data Migration Assistant) to move your config from Windows to Linux on CCM 6.x. Have a look at this process;

Windows Upgrade

This option allows you to import database information from a Cisco Unified Communications Manager 4.x system by using a file that the Data Migration Assistant (DMA) tool produces.

From this good doc;

Upgrading to Cisco Unified Communications Manager Release 6.0(1) from Cisco Unified Communications Manager 4.x Releases

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/upgrade/6_0_1/upgrd601.html#wp44990

Hope this helps!

Rob

rmichelberger
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

as described in the installing & upgrade guide you will lose:

- user passwords

- user pin

- configured phone background pictures

- configured phone ring tones

- custom tftp-files (moh, ringtones)

etc.

As many of you know upgrading from CCM4 to CCM5, 6 or 7 you end up losing your pins and passwords. I have an application that I have been developing that will recover these, re-populate the new CUCM version and provide for a more seamless upgrade stopping lots of calls to your helpdesk!!! Email me: help at truecomms.co.uk if you this could really help you (sorry not often in the newsgroups due to time constraints)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: