cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco MARS license file

gojericho0
Level 1
Level 1

We have been redoing our whole network infrastructure over the last year and we are looking to put MARS in place. The appliance we have is version 3.4.3 and I'm looking to do a clean install to 4.3.x. The lic file however was already uploaded to the appliance. Is there a way to export this file to disk to I can upload it to the new version once the install is complete?

4 Replies 4

pmccubbin
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Joshua,

There is no way to export the key, re-image the box, and then import the license key. You need to write the key down if it isn't on the chassis. The 25 character license key should be printed on the front of the MARS appliance. If not, contact the people who sold you the appliance or who sell you the maintenance.

Hope this helps.

Paul

Ok thank you very much

ghalleen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can retrieve the license key you're using by clicking on "Admin", "System Maintenance", "Set License Key".

Write this key down, and remember that it is case-sensitive. The same key will work after you re-image the appliance.

Gary

Author, "Security Monitoring with CS-MARS"

Thanks Gary,

I found after the reinstall and received a new license code from Cisco :) I now have it saved for future reference.

On a side note, I just purchased your book and the End-to-End Security by Omar Santos. I have ave read the first 3 chapters and have really found it beneficial with a great layout.

As I stated before, we purchased the box over a year ago (MARS-20), but I am just now getting the opportunity to implement it because of implementation of other end-point/perimeter security products (CSA, NAC appliance which I must say are a great tag team).

I'm really encouraged MARS will be a key piece to the puzzle with regards to our end-to-end security infrastructure

Josh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card