cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX: How to downgrade from 7.0(1) to 6.3(5) with PDM

ppoiron
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to upgrade two PIX 535 in failover LAN Active/Standby configuration from 6.3(5) with PDM to 7.0(1) with ASDM.

I found some datasheets on Cisco for that.

I also searching for the procedure to downgrade from 7.0 to 6.3 in case of important issues.

I saw that I could use the downgrade command to restore the old PIX image in 6.3 and the configuration but I did'nt see anything about the method to go back to PDM 3.0.

Could somebody help me on that issue ?

Thanks,

Patrice

5 Replies 5

srue
Level 7
Level 7

you *must* use the downgrade command...that being said, I don't know if ASDM supports the downgrade process.. though once the downgrade is complete, you can reload the older pdm just fine.

Thanks.

And what about the activation-key when reverting back to 6.3. Is it correctly restored ?

And a last question: what is the best procedure to upgrade from 6.3(1) to 7.2(3) ?

By upgrading directly from 6.3 to 7.2 or by upgrading successively 6.3 -> 7.0 -> 7.1 -> 7.2 as suggested by Cisco ?

In the downgrade process the activation key is restored. I have been updating some PIX and we go 6.3 --> 7.0 --> 7.2.

Out of curiousity , why do you have to go through the intermediate version?

Thx.

Vlad

According to Cisco it is better going through the maintanace version 7.0

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card