cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Logs - Help

qwertys21
Level 1
Level 1

I am in the process of troubleshooting a printer which looses connectivity in the evening. I need to prove that it is not a network connectivity. But this is what I find.

When I removed the network connection, i can see it lost "pings" but nothing showed up in the Show log on the switch.

Now on the Switch, there is configured

sh log

Syslog logging: enabled (0 messages dropped, 2 messages rate-limited, 0 flushes, 0 overruns)

Console logging: level debugging, 2431 messages logged

Monitor logging: level debugging, 0 messages logged

Buffer logging: level debugging, 2431 messages logged

Exception Logging: size (4096 bytes)

Trap logging: level informational, 2451 message lines logged

Logging to x.x.x.x, 2451 message lines logged.

How can I configure the logging so that I can capture what happens when I disconnect the printer?

Thanks

11 Replies 11

kerek
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Add logging buffered.

Hope it helps,

Krisztian

But this has already been enabled in

Buffer logging: level debugging, 2432 messages logged.

Is this not it?

Thanks

Not applicable

Can you paste the running-config for that interface ?

Do you see "no logging event link-status" for that particular interface in the configuration ?

At my previous comapny, i did not have to enable logging event link-status on any of the interfaces. All i had configured was logging enabled and i still got link up/down mesages.

Have things changed?

Not applicable

You are correct, by default, you don't have to add it. What I am saying is that maybe someone disabled it on the interface by putting the "no logging event..." command. Can you paste your config onto here, just remove the password and ip info.

Not applicable

Not applicable

Not applicable

Not applicable

Not applicable

Not applicable

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: