cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BARS backup of CRS stuck at staging CRS target

e.groves
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer running CRS 4.0.5 (Build042)and their callmanagers are running 4.1(3)sr4b. BARS version is 4.0.11 on both boxes. The CCM Pub is the backup server and the CRS box is a backup target. When I start a manual backup the backup stops at "Staging Cisco Customer Response Solutions target (IP)." I have a backup scheduled for tonight to see if this issue occurs with scheduled backups also. CSA and antivirus programs are not running on the CRS server. I'm backing up to a network share. The backup log shows that there is 43 GB of space on the backup server to stage the CRS backup so I have plenty of space. Can anyone tell me why this backup is failing?

2 Replies 2

htarra
Level 4
Level 4

To solve your problem you have to do following steps:

By going to BARS admin > Backup now > click on "View Latest Status", the status bar keeps refreshing every 5 seconds, as if it was still trying to perform the backup.

I was viewing the status and the backup was not being performed. The status window only displayed a line stating that the crs backup was being staged on the backup server. It was stuck at this line for over an hour. I opened a case with Cisco TAC and the trace files were showing this was stuck in a loop once it reached the staging status. No one came up with a solution, so I obtained a maintenance window from the customer and reinstalled BARS which resolved the issue.