Passed CCNA

Unanswered Question
Nov 27th, 2007

Hi all...just passed my CCNA and im thinking of starting my CCNP but I dont have any routers/switches at home. What is the best method to start studying without the hardware?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 4.5 (2 ratings)
ccbootcamp Tue, 11/27/2007 - 08:46

Have you heard of dynamips and dynagen? You might want to check these out (they are router simulators that run real IOS).

I would suggest taking a look at the Cisco press books for the specific exams you are studying for.

-brad

www.ccbootcamp.com

solpandor Tue, 11/27/2007 - 08:49

Brad

Thanks for the reply.

Ive not heard of them but I do use Boson. Is this any good? Also, where can i obtain dynamips/dynagen from?

arie-rechtschaffer Tue, 11/27/2007 - 11:04

Hello,

I read your comment and I would like if the Dynamips and Dynagen are also good for CCNA?

Is there any other simulator that can be used What about RouterSim Network Visualizer 6.0?

Thank you,

ccbootcamp Tue, 11/27/2007 - 11:20

Yes they are good for CCNA. I've never heard of RouterSim network visualizer before.

personally, i would suggest purchasing a couple of cheap 2500 or 2600 series routers and a couple cheap 2950 switches. That would be the best way for you to get hands-on lab practice.

-brad

www.ccbootcamp.com

solpandor Thu, 11/29/2007 - 05:34

Brad

re dynamips..i clicked on the link and downloaded the windows xp installer but all i get after install is 2 shorcuts called which when you click on brings up dos windows..Is this how its supposed to be? Can you advise how this software works and whether or not i downloaded the right installer?

Regards

Sol

Actions

This Discussion