Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hide Personal Directory

Callmanager 5.1(2). Is there a way to hide the "personal directory" option from the Directories button on an IP phone?

4 Replies 4

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

Open the CCMAdmin webpage, and go to the phone where you wish to hide the personal directory, then under Directories URL put an URL that does not exist, then reset the phone. If you wish to do this for ALL the IP Phones then put the un-existent URL on the Enterprise Parameters under Directoried URL

That should work for you.

Regards,

That succeeds in removing the Personal Directory and the Corporate Directory ... but I only wanted to remove the Personal Directory. Anyone else have any ideas?

That was useful for me since I wanted to hide the Corporate Directory.

Thanks

Sinj

Certainly notable ... though the Personal Directory prompts a user for login credentials, and for the majority of our deployments customer IT departments prefer to delay providing users 'yet another' user id and password that they can forget, and also to provide the additional training to explain the application's use.

Similar to the quote in the movie "Field of Dreams" ... "If you build it they will come", "if the button is there, they'll push it". And when it doesn't work, they'll open a help desk ticket.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: