Views
Helpful
Replies

Skill group queue and DB write

mmaddalena
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm queueing calls to a particular skill group.

I'd like the calls in queue exit when the queue time exceeds a threeshold.

I'm using the Call.TimeInQueue variable: in the "Queue to skill group" I set the "Consider If" tag at the following: Call.TimeInQueue<20

I think this means that whaile the queue time is less then 20 seconds the call remains in queue to the skill group (true branch), when the time exceeds 20 sec the call is sent to the fault branch in the skill group step.

This doesn't happens.

I guess my suppositions are not correct... Is there another way to manage this? Do you have any examples?

Thank you!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Michele,

The consider if statement only applies once the call arrives to the queue to skill group node. The call is never being managed by the IVR, ICM always has call control. I am not 100% sure I understand what you're trying to accomplish, but this is my best guess based on what you've said:

Call comes in and hits a queue to skill group node.

Call exits successfully and it goes to a run external script which plays a prompt and some music for 60 seconds.

Call exits successfully and goes to an if node that checks if the time in queue is greater than 20 seconds, since the call was in the IVR for 60 seconds, this is a true statement.

*Call goes to a dequeue node and then send to a new queue to skill group node with a higher priority.

david

*this could be anything, once you know you want to treat the call different it is up to you how you handle this.

View solution in original post

Michelle

I have attached a screenshot of call flow script to show what i mean.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mark.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

clotheyes
Level 1
Level 1

Michele,

You are correct that your suppositions are incorrect. The "Consider if" is only evaluated when the call is initaially placed in the queue. What happens after your "queue to skill group" ? I presume you put the call on hold/play a message or something similar. I suggest that you look at this and make this task last only 20 seconds (or check after the task completes whether the Call.TimeInQueue is > 20 seconds), then dequeue the call (cancel queuing node - it will dequeue from all queues the call is in) and perform some other treatment on the call.

Hope this helps.

Mark.

P.S. Please rate helpful posts.

Hi Mark,

thank for your answer.

I didn't understand very well what to do, I mean:

While tha call is in queue I run an external script on the IVR which plays prompt.

This works because the Success Branch of the Queue to Skill Group node is used, and in this branch I have the run external script node.

At this point the call is managed by the IVR while an agent become available.

After the Run External Script Node I don't use any exit brunch, so: do I have to put an if Node in the Success Branch of the Run Ext Script node in order to check the Queue Time?

Thanks again!

Michele

Michele,

The consider if statement only applies once the call arrives to the queue to skill group node. The call is never being managed by the IVR, ICM always has call control. I am not 100% sure I understand what you're trying to accomplish, but this is my best guess based on what you've said:

Call comes in and hits a queue to skill group node.

Call exits successfully and it goes to a run external script which plays a prompt and some music for 60 seconds.

Call exits successfully and goes to an if node that checks if the time in queue is greater than 20 seconds, since the call was in the IVR for 60 seconds, this is a true statement.

*Call goes to a dequeue node and then send to a new queue to skill group node with a higher priority.

david

*this could be anything, once you know you want to treat the call different it is up to you how you handle this.

Michelle

I have attached a screenshot of call flow script to show what i mean.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mark.

David, Mark,

now it is clear to me.

I didn't had time to test it yet, I hope to do that now.

Anyway thanks a lot for your tips!

I'll let yo know the results of my test.

Regarding what I want to do with the call is:

after the call is in queued for more than 30 sec I want redirect it to another number.

I use the IVR to make the redirect...

Cheers

Michele

Hi David,Mark

I tested the script using your tips and it works!

Thanks again

Michele

P.S. Maybe you can help me also with the conversation I'm going to post, try to give a look...