cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

non gateway intercluster trunk

balitewiczp
Level 2
Level 2

I have a simple non gateway IC between two CM clusters. I am getting a fast busy only in one direction. The other direction works fine. Are there any tools,utils, debugs, etc that I can use to figure out why?

9 Replies 9

e.huntley
Level 1
Level 1

Start with the CCM traces. You will want to start with the server that the phones are registered to if they are different than where the trunk is registered.

trying to configure the traces is driving me crazy. Any good docs on it?

Here is a doc on how to set the traces:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/788/AVVID/cm_trace.html

If you are having problems getting into that link then you can follow these directions:

HOW TO CAPTURE TRACES

*****************************************************************************************************

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080094e89.shtml

*****************************************************************************************************

-Go to the Cisco CallManager Administration

-Application

-Cisco CallManager Serviceability

-Trace

-Configuration

-Select a server in the left part of the screen

-Select 'Cisco CallManager'

-Check the button for 'Trace off'

-Click update

-Delete all the files that are on the folder (look below *)

-Check the button for 'Trace on'

-Click update

-Make sure the 'debug trace level' is set to 'detailed'

-Under the 'Trace Filter Settings' section, select all items, except 'Device

Name Based Trace Monitoring' and 'Include Non-device Traces'

-Check the button for 'Enable File Trace Log'

-Please uncheck the button for 'Enable XML Formatted Output for "Trace Analysis"'

-Make the phone call that fails.

-Disable the traces

-Click on 'Update' (at the top)

-Send me the files from the following folder

CCM Traces file will be on the server typically at:

* c:\ProgramFiles\Cisco\Trace\CCM\*.txt

Make sure that you capture the CCM trace in Call Manager where the

devices register.

Finally make sure to setup the intercluster trunk on both servers, not just on one.

Here is the file you requested. I dont see the logic in turning off device name tracing, because I think there is a lot of garbage in the file.

when you say make sure to configure it on both servers, do you mean the pub/sub, or the host/remote?

the phones IP 172.30.20.32, and the remote cm's are 172.16.229.36 & .20

thanks

Here is trace files from a IC that works and the one that doesn't. The one that doesn't has an error about "deleting transaction id"

What was the calling party number and the called party number from the call that failed? Did you create a trunk on both servers? Make sure to do it on both servers otherwise it won't work

I posted this as an answer to a same question as yours, maybe it s helpful for you:

First you need to set up a route pattern to your remote site. Let s say your DNs are 7xxx and your remote site is using 6xxx.

set up a route pattern 6xxx and select the trunk Route List in it.

1- Include the Partition of your Route pattern (6xxx) in the CSS of your phones.

2- See if there is any pre dot or anything related in your Route pattern

3- Ensure that the route list on your RP is correct (ie Trunk Route List)

4- on your remote trunk-> Inbound call -> CSS

check if this css include the Partition of your phones.

if all this doesnt help. use Dialed Number Analyzer (https://ip/dna) select trunk and see what the results are. Activate Traces on both callmanager (SDI, SDL). Use a sniffer on your phone and see if he is sending packets to your remote CCM.

HTH

Zin Elabidine Karzazi

Thanks for all your help. It was your comment about the CSS on the REMOTE end, which is a CM I dont control. That was my problem! I spent 2 days banging my head against a wall. Thanks again

The calling number was 8983, and the called number was 5304. There is a route pattern consisting of *45.5XXX with a PreDot strip. The trace shows that the number sent was indeed 5304.

When you say both servers, do you mean pub/sub or host/remote? FYI, the call works in only one direction.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: