cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EIGRP on VPN

gdrandles
Level 1
Level 1

I have set up VPN between a hub and two spokes. The tunnels are up and I can ping the public interface and tunnel interface from the hub to the spokes. EIGRP is working internal to each spoke and the hub. However, I can't get EIGRP to cross the VPN. I removed the network statement for the public interface and replace it with the Tunnel Ip address. I can't route because noboby knows how to get anywhere. The hub will have another connection directly to the internet for all www traffic. I haven't tried this as I need to get routing across the VPN first.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You need to set up GRE tunnels over the VPN. This will allow the EIGRP routers to talk. Dynamic routing protocols do not work over VPN with out GRE tunnels.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

George

You have posted essentially the same question in the Service Provider VPN Service Architecture forum where I have posted an answer. I suggest that any further discussion of this be consolidated in that forum.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

You need to set up GRE tunnels over the VPN. This will allow the EIGRP routers to talk. Dynamic routing protocols do not work over VPN with out GRE tunnels.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: