cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

E1 configuration problems 2811

mauricebar
Level 1
Level 1

I have a cisco 2811 without DSPs and I have installed 4 VWIC-2MFT-E1. At the moment I want to configure the E1s I can't because the VWICs are not recognized by the router, it displays a message that it requires DSPs, but actually I want to configure the E1s only for data.

Do I need to consider something additional. I have installed an Advanced IP services IOS.

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Which command display the message? If PRI, that is normal, as for PRI data access the reccomended card for data is still NM-xCE1T1.

If the command is shown for channel-group, that is not normal.

Hi, the command PRI generates that message, but does that mean that I can not use the VWIC for data in this case?

Regards.

Yes, I think data over PRI is meant only as an additional feature for a mainly voice use.

If you want PRI only and no DSP and no voice, use the NM-x1CET1.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Hi,

We have got many sites with 2811 with 2VWIC-MFTs that we use for T-1s without any issues (Data only) and no DSPs in the routers.

NEver encountered a message like this.

Is it working? Please let us know what made it work?

Kind Regards,

Wilson Samuel

Maurice wanted to use the card for ISDN PRI, that is different from data T1, so the message is normal.

Cisco has now released a new HWIC for data and modem PRI that works without the need for DSP in the router.

That's true I tried to use it as ISDN PRI, but during the lab test we have done these days we also tried to use it as E1 data only and the same message was displayed.

Regards.

Please send show ver, show diag, and copy of the configuration attempt with the error message received.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card