Views
Helpful
Replies

Busy tone on disconnect when using an ATA

CAMERON GILLIES
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have an overhead paging system, which has been migrated from a PABX to IP Tel. The paging system is configured as basically an auto-answer extension. From an IP phone, you can dial an extension number for the paging system, it will answer the call, and the voice stream will be heard through all of the overhead speakers.

It is currently connected to an FXS port on a VG 224, how I am looking at installing an ATA to provide the FXS port as I don't believe that the VG224 can be configured to provide the required tone.

The paging system is configured to monitor the line for a 400Hz busy tone, when it gets this tone on the line, the paging system goes on hook. The problem is that I cannot configure the VG224 to present a busy tone on the FXS when the remote side disconnects the call. I believe that I can do this on an ATA, but before I try to get an ATA to test with, I was hoping to get some help in regards to how I would configure such a feature on the ATA.

In summary I need the FXS port to play busy tone (400hz) when the remote end goes on-hook.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cameron

1 Reply 1

oholynskyj
Level 1
Level 1

Cameron:

We had a similar situation with disconnect between an ATA-186 and a Valcom paging contoller. To my recollection, there was no option to set the ATA to busy on disconnect. The way we got around it was to have the ATA reverse polarity on disconnect and that tripped the amp off and disconnected.

Oleh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: