Views
Helpful
Replies

Update Directory Number of 500 phones

f.giordano
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Our Customer have to change all the DN at central site from 3 digits to 5 digits long... I don't want to delete everything and importing again through BAT. Is there a way to simply Update Line or to do it with AXL.

Bulk Edit with Unity permit the change of Extension in 2 cliks... :p

Thx for Help

Fabian

P.S: CCM is version 5.1.3

4 Replies 4

Zin.Karzazi
Level 5
Level 5

Do your BARS backup, import with BAT and update. If something goes wrong, just restore your BARS.

The Directory Number Line field is not available in the Update process of the bulk tool...

Unfortunately there is no other way, as you stated BAT does not have an option to update the DN, so the only way will be the following:

Make an Export all Details of the phones, then open the file and change the DN, then delete the phones and make an import all details of the file that you just modified.

Keep a copy of the file that you exported just in case.

I recommend you to try it with only a couple of phones until you feel comfortable with the process. I understand that is not what you want to do but there is no other way, except to do it manually through the CCMAdmin webpage one by one, which is actually the safest way.

//Jorge

Thx Jorge.

I think I'll do that.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: