cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

One way audio

jkofosu
Level 1
Level 1

I have two site configured. Site A is connected to the Service providers end (FXOs and NM). Site B has FXS and they are configured as per the attached files. When we call from site B, the calls go through fine but there is no ringing. when the call is answered, you can hear the other user talking but the other user cannot hear you. Also, when a call comes in from outside, the outside user hears everything but the reciepients at site B does not hear any thing. Please help. this is urgent.

3 Replies 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

One way audio issues are 90% of the time caused by routing issue. RTP is allowed in one way, but not in the other. I would investigate with packet captures from both sides. One side will probably see both streams, and other side will see only the stream it is sending - Which means the incoming stream from the other side is being dropped.

Depending on how your ACL's (by IP or by protocol) are setup a ping/tracert might help troubleshoot which device is dropping the frames.

I have established ip connectivity without any problems. we have a dedicated radio link in between the routers at both sites. please check the configs and see.

Let me know how do the packet capturing

Hieu Cao
Level 4
Level 4

Take a look at this document regarding troubleshooting one-way voice issue..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk698/technologies_tech_note09186a008009484b.shtml

hieu

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: