I have a setup with two servers that don't seem to synch properly. We changed the names of all of our routers (#180), updated DNS etc. Then I deleted them in CS (Master>Common Services>Device and Credentials>Device Management>[email protected]). And they got re-discovered ok. After a netconfig job I realised that RME still had them under their old name. I then deleted them in RME (Slave>RME>Devices>Device Management>RME Devices). It's been a nightmare ever since to try and get them back. At one point it let me manually import them, but now not the new devices. Our network is so big that there are constantly changes. But they are not reflected. My questions is "Why do I have x number of devices in [email protected] and y number of devices in [email protected]? Is there a place/log I can verify communication between the servers and/or devices that get synchronised (or not)? What are the things I need to make sure are configured for synchronisation to work?
I didn't do the installation, but CiscoWorks is working generally ok. I restored the DBs already and that didn't change a thing.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. By the way, our software is CM 4.0, RME 4.0.
I'd redo the whole trust relationship from scratch. Remove the peer server certs from each server. Generate or import the PKI cert. Restart the daemons (required step after creating or importing the new cert). Enter in the system identity into both systems. Import new cert from other server on each box. Delete and recreate the Application Registrations under home page administration. And now the important part: go under Common Services, Devices and Credentials, Admin, Mode Settings, and change mode on the slave to ... slave.
Its a trickle update so it might take a while for them to sync. I usually install Ciscoview on all slave servers just to check for the invenory sync status. After about an hour they should be in sync for all apps.