Views
Helpful
Replies

Delete Devices from Discovery File

anke
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Is there a file that contains the discovered devices and where I can delete them? I have a lot (100) of unreachables in it and just want to get rid of them. They are actually VLAN IP addresses that are not reachable from CiscoWorks, but the same devices have addresses that are reachable from CiscoWorks and they are discovered and displayed in CS. I have updated DNS forward and reverse lookups to reflect the way they should be entered into the table, but these addresses are still in the Campus Manager > Administration > Device Discovery. I don't really want to do it with filters.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The devices aren't stored in a flat file, they are actually stored in the Campus Manager database.

You can delete them directly from the CS DCR or delete them from the CM topology map if you don't want them there.

Hello,

sorry, it's before that. I can't even see these in topology services. I have 1360 devices in Device Discovery (under CM Admin), and 1267 devices in Campus Data Collection (these 1267 I can see in topology and in the DCR etc.). The problem is that the addresses that are in discovery, but not in data collection table are only addresses of already existing devices that are not reachable (we have 3 vlans, 1 of them not reachable from CiscoWorks, so when the device is seen with this address in the Cdp table of neighbor, then CW is checking with DNS revers and then forward lookup for a better address and it's supposed to delete the original address, but didn't - now i'm trying to do it manually).

Thanks