6500 QoS Config on "routed" ports

Unanswered Question
Nov 28th, 2007

What is the appropriate QoS config on a 6500's "routed" ports? These are ports that have the "no switchport" command on them, so any PFC QoS commands shouldn't apply(such as wrr-queue).

These "routed" links are purely inter-switch links, and dscp should be trusted on them. Does the "mls qos trust dscp" command apply for these? I surmise that mls is a PFC QoS command...

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
bvsnarayana03 Wed, 11/28/2007 - 08:47

Generally policy-maps are applied to routed interfaces, these are based on requirement. As such there is no hardening for QoS on such ports.

andrew.butterworth Wed, 11/28/2007 - 08:53

For egress queuing its the same as on switched ports - i.e. wrr-queue commands to specify which queues marked packets are sent to. It doesn't matter whether it's a switched or routed port the queuing commands are the same.

HTH

Andy

andrew.butterworth Fri, 11/30/2007 - 13:05

Oh no you have uncovered the big hole....

Seriously though QoS statistics for queueing on LAN switches is pretty limited. On the 6500 the command 'show queueing interface x/x' should show you counters for packets/queue. Other than that though unless you have policies configured there isn't much more you can get.

Andy

Actions

This Discussion