IPMA Assistant Console: “System Error: Please contact Administrator”

Unanswered Question
Nov 28th, 2007

Version of CCM used 4.1(3)sr2

I have setup a 2:1 (manager (lukes & hans) : assistant(leiao)) IPMA shared line config for the first time (successfully setup 1:1 shared line configs before) and once the assistant loads IPMA Assistant Console (IPMA AC) on PC1, enters her IPMA AC credentials, click OK the assistant gets the following error message “System Error: Please contact Administrator”. I can confirm that IPMA AC works on PC1 (XP Pro SP2 Windows FW disabled) as other 1:1 assistants can log into IPMA AC successfully. leiao also gets the same message when she logs into PC2 (XP Pro SP2 Windows FW disabled) and PC3 (XP Pro SP2 Windows FW disabled ) that have IPMA AC installed. From a telephony point of view all IPMA setups (1:1 & 2:1) work as expected its just IPMA AC doesn't work for 2:1 IPMA shared line setups.

I have deleted lukes, hans and leiao device user profile and user profile, restarted the Tomcat IPMA service and re-created the profiles and still the same problem. In desperation I have even rebooted the CCM Pub & Sub and still leiao gets the message above.

lukes

8001 - External DDI

1001 - Internal Ext

3001 - Intercom

Hans

8002 - External DDI

1002 - Internal Ext

3002 - Intercom

Leiao

8003 - External DDI

8002 - hans

8001 - leiao

3003 - Intercom

I have noticed looking at the IPMA Service trace logs on CCM that CCM recognises leiao user as a ProxyLineAssistant instead of a SharedLineAssistant like all other 1:1 assistants?? I setup the managers and assistants in the 2:1 config the same as 1:1 shared line config but CCM appears to think that leiao is a ProxyLineAssistant??

Does anyone have any hints or tips on how to solve this, any further info required please let me know :-)

Thanks for your assistance :-)

Kind regards

Anthony.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
bwilmoth Wed, 12/05/2007 - 09:06

delete the old assistant (DWAssist). Remove it from the manager's IPMA configuration and substitute it with a new assistant (DWAssist1). After reconfiguring IPMA accordingly, restart tomcat services

Actions

This Discussion