Views
Helpful
Replies

Local router log

rafaelgarcia
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have setup logging on in my router. I have entered the logging buffered <size> but for some reason the show log is not displaying all the logs. This router is a 2600 series acting as a H323 gateway. I have another one where the logs are enabled and I can see all the calls that connect in the logs.

How can I fix this problem? Thank you.

3 Replies 3

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Rafael

One possible explanation for this symptom could be the setting of severity level for logging buffered. You do not indicate what severity level you have set and it might be possible that logging is set for a severity level that is higher than the messages that you are looking for.

It would help if you would post the first screen full of output from the show log command. This will show what logging and what severity level has been configured. It would also help if you could tell us what kind of messages are not showing in the logs.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Rick,

Here you have the output from the show log command.

FS-Miami-Voice-RT02#sh log

Syslog logging: enabled (11 messages dropped, 1 messages rate-limited,

0 flushes, 0 overruns, xml disabled, filtering disabled)

Console logging: level debugging, 2212 messages logged, xml disabled,

filtering disabled

Monitor logging: level debugging, 732 messages logged, xml disabled,

filtering disabled

Buffer logging: level debugging, 1 messages logged, xml disabled,

filtering disabled

Logging Exception size (4096 bytes)

Count and timestamp logging messages: disabled

Trap logging: level informational, 530 message lines logged

Log Buffer (4096 bytes):

I would like to be able to log the connected calls for troubleshooting purposes. For example, this is the log output from my other h323 gateway:

*Nov 28 14:22:04.377: %ISDN-6-CONNECT: Interface Serial0/3/0:0 is now connected to xxxxxxxxxx N/A

Thanks.

Rafael

Thank you for posting the additional information. It does show that the issue is not the setting of the severity level. The logging buffer is set to level debugging which should include all messages sent to syslog.

I do note that only 1 message has been sent to the logging buffer since you enabled logging buffered. Has there been activity on the router since you enabled logging buffered that should have generated log messages?

Is it possible that there is some difference in configuration between this router and the other h323 gateway and that this router is not generating the same syslog messages?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco