cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS map quality

britjroyse
Level 1
Level 1

I was wondering if anyone has found a way to import floor maps without destroying thier quality?

I am running WCS 4.2.62.0. My images start as cad dwg files. I have tried importing them with no luck. I have had our construction mgmt team strip the drawings down to a single layer and still the room numbers are unreadable when imported into wcs. The only way I have found to get some drawings to look decent is to convert the dwg to pdf, zoom in on the pdf copy and paste that into paintshop, covert it to grayscale. colorreplace everything to black and save that as png or jpg and import.

I have 130plus buildings to import. Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

4 Replies 4

gmarogi
Level 5
Level 5

There are rstrictions or recommendations on importing only certain image files for floor maps. Like bmp, jpeg etc,,..,

WCS configuration guides holds this information in Cisco.com. Verify your image is compatible or not.

I opened a taccase about this and they have opened a bug on it. The discovered problems with the conversion library.

Hi britjroyse

I'm have the same issue, do you have any further details on the bug yet? or a ID of some kind that I can view?

I'm trying to setup locationing and having low quality maps just doesn't work.

Many thanks

CSCsl56206

Haven't heard anything new yet.

brit

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card