cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS 4.2.62.0 error

jkennedy
Level 1
Level 1

I just upgraded to 4.2.62.0 and I have found one strange error. I go to configure >access points> click on an access point to configure and I get this message.

Error(s): You must correct the follow error(s) before proceeding:

Error: Object "Switch" does not exist.

Has anyone else seen this?

5 Replies 5

pmccubbin
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Jeremy,

I found this in the Release Notes for WCS 4.2:

CSCsk51302-When you click on Client Troubleshooting in Monitor > Clients, an "object switch does not exist" error displays.

Workaround: None at this time.

Are you able to configure the AP via the WLC?

What version of WLC software are you running?

Hope this helps.

Paul

Yes I am able to configure the ap via WLC. I'm running 4.2.61.0 on the controller. I've noticed that my ap groups disappeared on my controllers after upgrade. They are still on the WCS controller template though. I'm going to try and recreate them and see if that is what could be causing this problem. Any help would be very appreciated.

Ok I found an older thread about 4.2.61.0 code and issued the "refresh from controller" command from the WCS. This fixed my problem.

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for letting the forum know about how you resolved the problem. I give it a "5" and hope you stay involved here.

Best,

Paul

For what it's worth, discussions with Cisco TAC have indicated that after you perform a code upgrade, you need to perform a "Refresh from Controllers" from the drop down on the WCS screen (under Configure->Controllers) for each of the controllers managed by the WCS.

We ran into this snag ourselves when the WCS showed our access points at a previous code revision level. Of course, this condition cannot be possible since the LWAPs must ALWAYS be at the same rev as the controller.

After a discussion through Cisco TAC with the WNBU DEs (the guys who write the code), they indicated that in order for the WCS to be in synch with the controllers after a code upgrade, a "Refresh config from Controllers" command must be issued.

When asked why the WCS does not automatically do this, it was stated that we should talk to our sales team about a feature enhancement.

(Apparently, the developers feel that having the WCS and controllers in synch is an "enhancement")

In any case, after an upgrade, manually forcing the WCS to refresh the configuration from the controllers is a pretty good idea.

- John

(Please remember to rate helpful posts)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card