CCENT Exam

Unanswered Question
Nov 28th, 2007

I'm almost finished with the CCNA Academy and thinking about taking ICND1 to complete the CCENT requirements. Do you get an actual CCENT certificate after passing ICND1? When you do finally obtain CCNA does it cancel out the CCENT or do you get to keep the CCENT letters/cert?

Just curious....

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 3 (3 ratings)
jmatty520 Thu, 11/29/2007 - 12:11

I'm not sure about CCENT. I passed the Intro test in CCNA before they switched the curriculum to ICND1 and ICND2. I never got a certificate for CCENT. All I know is the second test (ICND) was very hard for the 60 minutes they gave me. I failed.

ccbootcamp Thu, 11/29/2007 - 13:15

Yes, if you take, and pass, the VUE exam for ICND1, then yes, you receive the CCENT cert!

If then you go and take (and pass) the ICND2, then you are ALSO a CCNA. So you would be both, a CCNA, and CCENT. However, by having the CCNA, it surely supercedes having the CCENT. For example, I have a CCIE in R&S, and also a CCNP and CCNA, but do you think anyone really cares that I have the CCNP and CCNA in addition to my CCIE R&S? No, probably not. :)

-brad

www.ccbootcamp.com

Slater1601 Thu, 11/29/2007 - 13:20

Thanks fellas. No, I know CCNA will supersede the CCENT....but it never hurts to have more letters at the end of your name ;)

LordFlasheart Fri, 11/30/2007 - 01:28

Be careful with that. You think that having CCENT, CCNA after your name is going to impress, assuming you stay in this industry? Drop the CCENT. If you had a batchelors degree then done a masters would you have BSc or MSc after your name? Start with your highest certification in a certain discipline then only add Cisco certifications if they come from a different discipline e.g. CCIE R&S, CCSP, CCIP.

Regards,

Chris

LordFlasheart Fri, 11/30/2007 - 01:30

Be careful with that. You think that having CCENT, CCNA after your name is going to impress, assuming you stay in this industry? Drop the CCENT. If you had a batchelors degree then done a masters would you have BSc or MSc after your name? Start with your highest certification in a certain discipline then only add Cisco certifications if they come from a different discipline e.g. CCIE R&S, CCSP, CCIP.

Regards,

Chris

For all your subnetting needs and other Cisco titbits please visit http://www.subnettingmadeeasy.blogspot.com

Actions

This Discussion