cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5505 to VPN Client

crawford
Level 1
Level 1

I am very new to VPNs. I recently bought an ASA 5505 for the school district I work for and want to set up a VPN so I can access the network from home. I have tried setting it up myself to no avail. I really have no idea what I am doing or how to set it up. Any help would be greatly appreciated

4 Replies 4

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

David, here is a link where you can start configuring asa for vpn access, any other questions let us know.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a008060f25c.shtml#intro

pls rate any helpful posts if it helps!

HTH

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez

It connected for me. Thank you for the help. The only issue I have left is not being able to surf the internet while connected. It is giving me a default gateway of 192.168.0.1 instead of what the gateway should be 192.168.0.254. Any suggestions?

The default gateway will be the same as the ip assigned to the client by the asa from the vpn client pool.

To have internet access you must enable split tunneling or outside nat.

Split tunnel

group-policy attributes

split-tunnel-policy tunnelspecified

split-tunnel-network-list value split_tunnel

access-list split_tunnel permit ip

Outside NAT (public internet on a stick)

same-security-traffic permit intra-interface

global (outside) 1 interface

nat (outside) 1

Hope that helps. Please rate if it does.

Adam, thank you for your input, I knew about split tunneling but not about public internet on a stick.. something new learned . I rate you !

Thanks

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: