Helpful
Replies

CTI Timer for outgoing call

akleemann
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we have a timing problem with CTI.

We use callmanager 4.2.3 and a CTI application.

If we initiate a call with our cti application the callmanager wait approximatly 20 seconds to dial out.

Also the same probleme with web-dialer.

Is there a timer in service-parameter to change the cti-call-out-time after collecting diggits?

Have anybody a hint.

Regards Armin

2 Replies 2

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

The CallManager by default does not wait for additional digits from the CTI application unless explicity configured otherwise within the CallManager Service Parameter CTI Await Further Digits.

This parameter specifies whether Cisco CallManager waits for further digits before extending the call when a call is initiated via CTI.

If additional digits are not received by the time that the value that is specified in the T302 Timer expires, Cisco CallManager tries to connect the call by using just the digits in the CTI request.

Valid values specify True (Cisco CallManager accepts the digits in the CTI request and awaits further digits) or False (Cisco CallManager immediately extends the call by using the number that is specified in the CTI request).

Therefore in order to shorten the call setup time try adjusting the interdigit T302 timer to approx. 6000 msecs, the default is 15000msecs and the lowest is 3000 msecs.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Allan.

Pls rate this post if it helps.

sdwekat
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Armin,

I wonder if you got any solution for this issue since I have the same issue in a client system.

Please let me know how it was solved.

Thanks in advance.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: