cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Downgrading Unity Express from 3.0.1 to 2.3.2

pepito1983
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, i have a problem downgrading Unity Express from 3.0.1 to 2.3.2 Actually the customer has an Unified Communicator version 4.3(1)sr1 and following the compatibility matrix i will need CUE version 2.3.2 but i receive a NM-CUE with CUE 3.0.1 and it is not compatibility.

Well i think it will be easy to make a downgrade to CUE 2.3.2 , i have downloaded all the archives that i started the boot helper program successfully but when i want to load the package cue-vm.2.3.2.pkg it appears the following error:

Please select from the following

1 Install software

2 Reload module

3 Disk cleanup

(Type '?' at any time for help)

Choice: 1

Package name: cue-vm.2.3.2.pkg

Server url: ftp://192.168.1.64/

Username: anonymous

Password:

Downloading cue-vm.2.3.2.pkg

Bytes downloaded : 137065

Validating package signature ... error

Package signature validation failed for pkg cue-vm.2.3.2.pkg

Unable to install. Please try again

Please select from the following

1 Install software

2 Reload module

3 Disk cleanup

(Type '?' at any time for help)

Please i need a hand with this, only just in case i am using Vista as a FTP server, just in case.

Thanks in advanced ...

Jose

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

craiglcve
Level 4
Level 4

could you try running the install software clean command?

software install clean url ftp://X.X.X.X/cue31/cue-vm-k9.nm-aim.X.pkg

The X's are the ip address and the cue pkg name.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Craig

View solution in original post

I don't think that's available. It's basically a clean install. If possible, I'd use the online installer (software install clean...) method. If not, then try using the 3.0 installer image (from the TFTP server). I know it seems backwards, but the problem is that the 2.3 installer probably can't handle the post-3.0 upgraded system.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

craiglcve
Level 4
Level 4

could you try running the install software clean command?

software install clean url ftp://X.X.X.X/cue31/cue-vm-k9.nm-aim.X.pkg

The X's are the ip address and the cue pkg name.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Craig

craiglcve
Level 4
Level 4

Also there is a command from the CUE CLI

software install downgrade

But I think this only works if you have had a previous image installed before an upgrade to 3.x but you might want to try that as well.

Craig

Hi Craig, i was looking for the CUE 3.0 release notes and there is no information about if i cab make a downgrade from 3.0.1 to 2.3.2

Do you have information about this, thanks in advanced.

Jose

I don't think that's available. It's basically a clean install. If possible, I'd use the online installer (software install clean...) method. If not, then try using the 3.0 installer image (from the TFTP server). I know it seems backwards, but the problem is that the 2.3 installer probably can't handle the post-3.0 upgraded system.

Yeah! it works with the online clean installer command. Thanks for all your help ...

Jose

Glad to hear it.

Thanks