cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Downgrading Unity Express from 3.0.1 to 2.3.2

pepito1983
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, i have a problem downgrading Unity Express from 3.0.1 to 2.3.2 Actually the customer has an Unified Communicator version 4.3(1)sr1 and following the compatibility matrix i will need CUE version 2.3.2 but i receive a NM-CUE with CUE 3.0.1 and it is not compatibility.

Well i think it will be easy to make a downgrade to CUE 2.3.2 , i have downloaded all the archives that i started the boot helper program successfully but when i want to load the package cue-vm.2.3.2.pkg it appears the following error:

Please select from the following

1 Install software

2 Reload module

3 Disk cleanup

(Type '?' at any time for help)

Choice: 1

Package name: cue-vm.2.3.2.pkg

Server url: ftp://192.168.1.64/

Username: anonymous

Password:

Downloading cue-vm.2.3.2.pkg

Bytes downloaded : 137065

Validating package signature ... error

Package signature validation failed for pkg cue-vm.2.3.2.pkg

Unable to install. Please try again

Please select from the following

1 Install software

2 Reload module

3 Disk cleanup

(Type '?' at any time for help)

Please i need a hand with this, only just in case i am using Vista as a FTP server, just in case.

Thanks in advanced ...

Jose

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

craiglcve
Level 4
Level 4

could you try running the install software clean command?

software install clean url ftp://X.X.X.X/cue31/cue-vm-k9.nm-aim.X.pkg

The X's are the ip address and the cue pkg name.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Craig

View solution in original post

I don't think that's available. It's basically a clean install. If possible, I'd use the online installer (software install clean...) method. If not, then try using the 3.0 installer image (from the TFTP server). I know it seems backwards, but the problem is that the 2.3 installer probably can't handle the post-3.0 upgraded system.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

craiglcve
Level 4
Level 4

could you try running the install software clean command?

software install clean url ftp://X.X.X.X/cue31/cue-vm-k9.nm-aim.X.pkg

The X's are the ip address and the cue pkg name.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Craig

craiglcve
Level 4
Level 4

Also there is a command from the CUE CLI

software install downgrade

But I think this only works if you have had a previous image installed before an upgrade to 3.x but you might want to try that as well.

Craig

Hi Craig, i was looking for the CUE 3.0 release notes and there is no information about if i cab make a downgrade from 3.0.1 to 2.3.2

Do you have information about this, thanks in advanced.

Jose

I don't think that's available. It's basically a clean install. If possible, I'd use the online installer (software install clean...) method. If not, then try using the 3.0 installer image (from the TFTP server). I know it seems backwards, but the problem is that the 2.3 installer probably can't handle the post-3.0 upgraded system.

Yeah! it works with the online clean installer command. Thanks for all your help ...

Jose

Glad to hear it.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: