Views
Helpful
Replies

UNITY VM TO UM user licenses

a.gooding
Level 5
Level 5

Hi there,

so we have UNITY 4.0(4) with a 200 user license. we are looking at the possiblity to upgrade to UNITY 5.0 UM. my question is do we need to separately purchase 200 user licenses again for UM or can we have the 200 VM user license converted?

i always assumed Cisco offered investment protection so its not making sense that we purchased the UM 200 LIC and now we just have to throw that away to go UM?

thanks in advance for any insight into the never ending licensing process i cant seem to grasp

4 Replies 4

anderson-david
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

you can do this 2 ways

1. Upgrade your current VM licences to UM and then upgrade your system to version 5

2. Upgrade your system to version 5 and then upgrade your VM licences to UM

Either way will work,

I hope this helps

Dave

Dave,

what im getting from my rep is that from ill need the UM user licenses and the VM licenses will be null at this point. i understand that obviously, but when you say "upgrade" the VM license to UM License is that a request through licensing without paying? or it it that i need to purchase NEW UM license per user as if it were a new install.

thanks in advance

Hi,

you will need to order a VM to UM upgrade, this is a licence that converts the VM licences to UM licences and yes it is chargeable, here is an example of what you could possibly need,

To change VM to UM you will need the following:

UNITY-LIC-UPG-4.X Unity, SW Feature License Upgrades, qty = 1 only 1 no cost top level part code only

UNITY-VMUM-USR-E Unity, VM to UM Exchange Upgrade per user, no TTS Qty = 200

to upgrade the software version you will need either of the following

UNITY5-SL32-VUPK9 Unity 5.X Version Upgrade from 4.X - 32 ports or less

UNITY5-SL96-VUPK9 Unity 5.X Version Upgrade from 4.X - 33 ports or more

I hope this helps

Dave

Dave,

thanks a lot. i think this has answered my question completely. have submitted the suggestions to my rep as well.

thanks again