cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Password Recovery on a 3750 Switch

pvzcisco07
Level 1
Level 1

I tried to a password recovery on Cisco 3750 switch. I followed all the steps and got to the point where I copied the config.text to the running-config. After this I got the privileg exec mode of the switch. When I tried to configure the switch with a new enable password, I got the following output

switch1# conf t

% Authorisation failed %

Even the show commands do not seem to work

switch1# sh run

% Authorisation failed %

switch1# sh ip int brief

% Authorisation failed %

Can someone suggest how to get over this issue to reset the password of the switch.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Raj

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

andre.ortega
Spotlight
Spotlight

Do you need to maintain the configuration? If doesn't need, don't copy the file config.text for running-config. The password recovery finished.

If you need does the following.

Don't copy the file config.text for running-config. Before copy the file config.text for the computer. Open and edit with the notepad (remove the aaa and change the enable password). Then copy the file config.text (that you altered) for the running-config.

Regards,

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

andre.ortega
Spotlight
Spotlight

Do you need to maintain the configuration? If doesn't need, don't copy the file config.text for running-config. The password recovery finished.

If you need does the following.

Don't copy the file config.text for running-config. Before copy the file config.text for the computer. Open and edit with the notepad (remove the aaa and change the enable password). Then copy the file config.text (that you altered) for the running-config.

Regards,

Thanks Heaps for you help Andre. I followed your advice and was able to reset the password for the switch successfully.

Regards,

Raj