Views
Helpful
Replies

Delete missed calls seperately?

kempf
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Does anyone know a possibility to delete missed calls seperately? I only see the option to delete the whole missed calls list.

This would be very helpful to make already called-back numbers disappear.

We use Callmanager 6.

Thanks!

8 Replies 8

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ulrich,

This functionality is available on IP Phones with the realease of Phone Firmware 8.0.3. Maybe your sets are running an older version?

Call History Management Improvements

Firmware release 8.0(3) supports several call history management improvements to give phone users more options for managing call logs. These improvements include:

Line associations for missed, placed, and received calls-Allows phone users to see which phone line a missed or received call was intended for, and which phone line was used to place an outgoing call. This option is relevant for users who have multiple phone lines.

Delete all records in a particular log-Allows phone users to delete all of the records in the displayed call log (Missed Calls, Placed Calls, or Received Calls).

Delete an individual call record-Allows phone users to delete the highlighted call record in any call log.

Call duration for placed and received calls-Allows phone users to see the call duration for the highlighted call record in the Placed and Received Calls logs.

User Tips

To use the new call history management features on your phone, do the following:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 Press the Directories button.

Step 2 Choose a call log (Missed, Placed, or Received).

Step 3 Highlight a call record.

Step 4 Choose one of the following softkeys to complete an action:

Clear-Deletes all of the call records in the displayed log.

Delete-Deletes only the highlighted call record.

Details-Displays details for the highlighted call record, including called number, calling number, time of day, and call duration (for placed and received calls).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note To access some of these softkeys, you might need to press the more softkey first.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/prod_release_note09186a008068f380.html#wp40897

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks for the reply, we use Firmware 8.0.7, and we don't have the problem on our Cisco 7961 phones. Sorry, forgot to mention that.

But on 7960 models, I don't get the "Delete" key to delete only the highlighted call record.

Any idea?

Unfortunately the 7960-40 phones are of an older generation and do not support all what the newer phones do.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ulrich,

My friend Paolo is correct here (no surprise!) This improved Call History Management is only available on the following IP Phone models;

7906,7911,7941,7961,7970 and 7971 (and probably all other 3rd Generation Java based models) but not on the 7940,7960 :(

Hope this helps!

Rob

Ok, thanks!

At least someone confirmed my problem, so I can search for another solution now.

You can do it via XML and a service for IP Phone :

Please Rate

Rémy

Hey guys, a very secretive customer of mine is looking to delete all logs on all phones at least once a day, and they want this automated. Rémy, can we use the XML script you gave us and execute it centrally for all phones on a given time each day?

Thanks a lot!

If you know all IP@ you can push this XML Msg on All Phones

Rémy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: