Views
Helpful
Replies

OSPF distribute-list

welcomeccie
Level 1
Level 1

(Lo0,Lo1) R1----OSPF(Area0)---R2

I have 2 routers as shown above .there is ospf routing protocol.

I used distribute-list on R2 to prevent Lo0 to be installed in the routing table of R2.

is there another way to prevent the Lo0 other than the distribute-list?

6 Replies 6

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I am not sure that there is any other solution than distribute list, assuming that you do want an OSPF neighbor relationship between the routers. I assume that you are aware that the distribute list is effective in preventing the installation of the route in the local routing table but would not prevent advertisement of the route to other neighbors - if other neighbors existed.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

I like to prevent R2 to install the Lo0 on the routing table and not to advertise it to other routers too

How can i do that

Why do you want to include it at all in the OSPF then? Wouldn't it be simpler not to declare it to OSPF. (I'm probably missing something here ;-)

Kevin Dorrell

Luxembourg

that is a sample from the toplogy .

I have many routers connected to both R1 and R2 and just i give u an example for my problem in a small pattern.

(Lo3)R3-----(Lo0,Lo1)R1----R2-----R4

All the routers are in area 0 . I like R1 only gets Lo3 but R2,R4 don't get it.

Hi,

If all networks are configured to be in same area, it is not possible to stop forwarding the LSA to other ospf neighbors, as the base rule says "Within an area, the database should be identical".

If possible, configure Lo3 in R3 and link tht connects R1 and R3 to be in a different area and use Type 3 LSA filter.

Regards,

Nagendra

Hi,

If all networks are configured to be in same area, it is not possible to stop forwarding the LSA to other ospf neighbors, as the base rule says "Within an area, the database should be identical".

If possible, configure Lo3 in R3 and link tht connects R1 and R3 to be in a different area and use Type 3 LSA filter.

Regards,

Nagendra

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card