Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple DCHP Pools

alyasrazzaq
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have several 2960's and a 3750. Currently I have created several VLAN's, and the 3750 is configured for intervlan routing. I would like to use the 3750 for DHCP. How can I create multiple pools and ensure ip addresses are allocated to the right vlan? Could someone show me the basic config? Would I still need ip helper-address on each vlan?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

amolrajgure
Level 1
Level 1

You are right, need to mention Ip helper-address to each vlan on 3750.

HTH

Thanks for that. So say I'm using 3 subnets(192.168.10.0, 192.168.20.0,192.168.30.0) and i've created 3 vlans (10,20,30). Would I then create 3 DHCP pools on the 3750 and assign the IP helper address to each vlan to be the management ip of the 3750?

So there's not particularly anything different from configuring a single scope for a single vlan?

Cheers.

yes, you it correct, Each Vlan will have its separate DHCP Pool and if you have SVI's on the same switch then you will not need IP Helper defined in the SVI otherwise you will need IP-Helper address defined pointing to the DHCP servers IP address.

HTH

Shaheen

Provided I understand you right, you are correct; this is just like a single scope for a single vlan.

Basically, your DHCP server sees where the address comes from, and assigns the address accordingly. ie, your DHCP server will see an address comes out of the 192.168.10 subnet, and will appropriately assign an address in the same subnet.

As mentioned before, just make sure you assign the ip helper address properly, which I believe is the ip address of the actual device.

Thanks everyone.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: