cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS License Query

john.pepper
Level 1
Level 1

Just got a simple query with regards to the Cisco IOS software license.

We have a number of 3750 devices running the IP Base s/w (c3750-ipbase-mz.122-35.SE5.bin). We need to upgrade to the same version IP Base but with Secure Shell support (c3750-ipbasek9-mz.122-35.SE5.bin). The difference here just being the k9 in the IOS filename / part number.

Just need to know if we need to puchase a new s/w license for each device to use this feature.?

Thanks

John

2 Replies 2

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

John-

I did some searching (and found nothing) but looking at what software upgrades are available, it's only IP Base to IP Services. We always upgrade to crypto images and have never been charged. I'm pretty sure you can upgrade from K8 to K9 w/o having to purchase anything. Your local Cisco SE could verify that.

HTH

HTH,

Many thanks for your reply and help.

I also did similar searches but nothing conclusive. I also spoke to a TAC engineer who seemed to think there was no cost for the router IOS upgrade but there maybe for switches.

I have raised a query with our main UK distributor to get a full understanding and will post the outcome.

Thanks again for your help.

Cheers

John

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card