Views
Helpful
Replies

hands-on practice...

ashraf_can2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there! I hope someone can help me with the following question:

Unfortunately, I don't have access to real routers or switches. However, I have the Boson CCNA Simulator software v.6. I know they're in the process of upgrading the software so that it's compatible with the new CCNA exam, however, I just wondered whether the simulator software I have is adequate for the exam. Specifically, I'm worried about the types and models of routers and switches that my simulator does not support ie Switch 2960. Is there much of a difference between the 1900, 2950 and 2960 series of switches? If there is much of a difference, can you please direct me to a lab where I can access through the internet.

Many thanks.

3 Replies 3

bjornarsb
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

There is not much difference.

The lab you have is adequate for CCNA.

(in my opinion)

BR,

Bjornarsb

Kevin Dorrell
Level 10
Level 10

Well, I would say that at CCNA level there is not too much difference between 2560 and 2960. However, the 1900 is a completely different animal altogether.

Kevin Dorrell

Luxembourg

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

1900's shouldn't be on the exam and are ancient. The 2950 and 2960's should be just about the same command wise .

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card