cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Terminate B1 lines from Voice Gateway

wilson_1234_2
Level 3
Level 3

I will have a voice Gateway router as the endpoint for our DR site Voice DS3.

I am wondering about terminating some b1 lines from the carrier for FAX, modem and analog phones.

Can you simply put a NM-HDA module in the router with 8FXS ports, plug the amphinol connetion to the punch down block and punch doen the B1s for access?

I realize the router will have to be configured to do this as well, but is the concept feasable?

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Which router do you have? What are B1 lines, and how do you extract them fropm DS3 ?

We have a 3845 router.

The B1 lines are what they are called here, I am assuming that is the normal description, but you are not the first to ask me what a B1 line is.

It is and analog line for a FAX machine, modem or analog phone.

They are extracted by Verizon routing our Voice across the DS3, the voice traffic will terminate to the 3845 router.

There is also an IP to IP gateway router that will house the NM-HDA with the FXS ports.

We have an existing 3660 router acting as a voice gateway, there is NM expansion module with 8 FXS ports.

My understanding is that when the router is configured to terminate the analog line to the Network Module, you can get an amphinol connector and connect a punch down block.

Then you could connect an analog phone to any pair thas has been punched down.

Hi, for the 3845 you need one or more VIC2-4FXO and at least one PVDM2-8 that is for 8 channles of voice.

FXS ports if for when you connect a telephone to th router, while you are connecting to PSTN.

hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: