cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Archive Mgmt Permisions

dperonto
Level 1
Level 1

Using ACS I have granted permissions to some clients to view their device configs in Archive Mgmt. Basic Help Desk access PLUS 'Search Config Archive' checked.

The problem is, these permissions allow the client to view 'Out-of-Sync Summary' which does not appear to limit per NDG like other areas of RME. If the client clicks on the Diff icon they can view configs for many devices outside of their assigned NDG.

Is there a way I can deny access to the Out-of-Sync Summary?

Is there another way I can allow a user to view configs limited to a NDG without providing 'Search Config Archive' permissions?

TIA

~Dan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There is no workaround.

Symptom:

Even though a department's users have been granted permissions for ONLY their department's equipment in ACS, in RME they can still see the OUT-OF-SYNC screen. If a different department's device is listed on the OUT-OF-SYNC screen, they can look at the different department's configuration (RME>Config Management>Archive Management>Out-of-Sync Summary).

Conditions:

This occurs in RME 4.0.5 integrated with ACS 4.0.x. Any user not granted permission to see Out Of Sync report, can still see all devices in the Out Of Sync Report.

Workaround:

There is no workaround.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Funny you should ask about this. My colleague just filed a bug on this yesterday (CSCsl50606). The fix will not be coming until RME 4.2 due out some time in the second quarter of next year.

Glad to hear it will be fixed.

Any suggestions for a workaround?

There is no workaround.

Symptom:

Even though a department's users have been granted permissions for ONLY their department's equipment in ACS, in RME they can still see the OUT-OF-SYNC screen. If a different department's device is listed on the OUT-OF-SYNC screen, they can look at the different department's configuration (RME>Config Management>Archive Management>Out-of-Sync Summary).

Conditions:

This occurs in RME 4.0.5 integrated with ACS 4.0.x. Any user not granted permission to see Out Of Sync report, can still see all devices in the Out Of Sync Report.

Workaround:

There is no workaround.

I do have a resolution to my particular problem.

I have granted 'Search Config Archive' permissions but removed 'View Config Archival Summary'

This blocks the user from viewing the entire page under RME\ConfigMgmt\ArchiveMgmt but still allows them to view configs through the Device Center.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: