Views
Helpful
Replies

switch port configuration

yann.boulet
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

i need to configure an isolated switch with default configuration with a dedicated network on my catalyst network core with vlans, this dedicated switch is directly connected to my pix firewall interface.

first i only need to pass through my catalyst core network so i prepared a cable to the firewall interface and another cable to replace the one on the isolated switch, what do i need to do on the 2 interfaces of my core switch ?

switch mode access ??

thank you

4 Replies 4

bvsnarayana03
Level 5
Level 5

if its isolated, then i understand it'll have its own vlans & requires no communication with any other device on network.

Then you may create a vlan on core, assign 1 port to this vlan & connect your isolated network switch to this vlan port. Yes, it'll be access port & doesnt need to be trunked.

thank you for the reply but do i need to configure same vlan ID on the isolated switch where interfaces are connected to the core switch ?

Yes you have to create this vlan on the isolated switch & add the port conecting core to this vlan.

ok thanks a lot so my port configuration should be the same for both switches and like that :

interface GigabitEthernet3/2

switchport access vlan 212

switchport mode access

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card